Sneaky Adult Excitements

I am 33 in two months, yep that's right 33. Holy Shit right? I had my moment of freaking out about turning 25 and  then about turning 30 and then 31 crept up I had a little freak out about that as well. So who knows what 33 might be like, I am thinking about maybe doing a wine tour, because I am an adult and that's what adults do. To be honest though, I have been noticing lately little adult things that I find strangely satisfying and kinda calming, so here they are...

Clearing my Inbox out - the other day I got to work and had 47 emails, I left with only 8 in my inbox. I was pretty god darn excited. Its like you can visibly see all the work that you have done (and I didn't even delete them, I totally dealt with them). High five for being an efficient worker and getting shit done. Whoooo, go me. 



Having a clean kitchen - EVERY DAY. Don't worry the irony is not lost on me, most of these things are centred around having clean / fresh / clutter free spaces and as mentioned in my last video blog this is polar opposites of what I used to be when I was in my early 20s. But man it does feel really good to look around your kitchen and see nothing but clean bench space. And when the dishes are done, that's one less chore to do and that means that I am closer to the time where I can do things that I love. Mainly Nothing. I love doing nothing... which leads me to my next point.

Doing Nothing - When someone asks me what I am doing on the weekend, do you know what my favourite answer is? Nothing. Yep that's right. A big fat nothing. I love sitting at home and watching TV and laying in my bed staring at the ceiling. Who knew that doing nothing could be more fun than actually doing things.The idea of having to put pants on, do my hair and slap on a face is sometimes more than I believe I can handle. 



The succulents that I have on my window sill growing and sprouting - I get excited every time I go to the sink because 1. It means I am probably cleaning and 2. those little suckers are growing and sprouting and bringing life to my life. That's shits awesome and I did that (and as a side note they are growing in Fake Arse Jordan 4s and they look pretty ballin). Life is good in succulent land. I have had these plants for 3 years and while they were surviving, they certainly weren't thriving.... who knew what a bit of water could do?

Clean Sheets and new bed linen - In the last two months I have purchased three new bed spreads and a couple of pillows and it was exhilarating. There is no better feeling on a Saturday than putting clean sheets on and getting in to bed and wiggling all around in the tight goodness. Mmm sweet sweet tight goodness. I never really cared for home decorating and home decor but since I got my awesome new bed I have really wanted to create a good looking space, you know, just so I don't let the bed down. 



Having an empty clothes hamper - who knew I liked to do washing. Might have something to with having a good washing machine now but seeing the bottom of the basket and having everything to wear at my disposal at the start of the week is pretty wonderful. Also another positive of suburb life is that my washing line is ALLLL mine and I don't have to worry about the people in my complex stealing my under garments (not that I thought they would, or that I think I am worthy of stalking but we live in a world of possibilities so I needed to keep these thoughts around and I do have expensive sheets, If I didn't own them, I would probably want to steal them)

Vacuuming - or more specifically using the Dyson. Man if you haven't vacuumed with a Dyson you haven't really lived. I know that's a big statement but ask anyone that has Dysoned and they will be with me on this one.I vacuum my house every week (or every couple of days if I am feeling adventurous) and its a pleasure, it doesn't even feel like a chore and at the end of it the carpet is clean and dust free and that's gotta be good for my health.

Finding a good Avocado - those fucks are $3.50 a pop so don't you even tell me that you don't get a little jolt of happiness when you cut it open and its beautiful soft and green. Mmmm squishy green 



People asking me for directions - I was walking home from work the other day and a Kiwi Lady asked me where to go for shopping and of course being the good host that I am, I was able to point her in the direction of some good bars with great happy hour specials as well. I wanted to be a tour guide around the city but apparently you actually need to be a local of the city to do that.... piffle. I think I would rock at it, just ask the Kiwi Lady (she is probably drunk by now so would only have complementary things to say)

Old people talking to me on public transport - Its been happening more and more and I actually love it. I am making an effort to stay off my phone while I am commuting and the opportunities that this has bought me to talk to people are really paying for themselves. People are nice, but I think we always distract ourselves so much that we don't give them a chance to show us that they are.

Home Design Shows - and along the similar line, cooking shows. I want to be a domestic goddess and run a house hold full of designer homewares (granted its all Kmart but their homewares are rocking and if you haven't checked them out, you probably should get on to that. Like Now!!!) 

Grandma Underpants - High waisted cotton tails, yes please. Like I am not even kidding. I love Nanna Knickers. They tuck in the little pouch that I seem to have grown over the years and they keep everything tight when I want to go out and drink a lot of beer. Also not worrying about my plumbers crack showing is an added bonus. One time I was bending down to get something and someone shoved a straw down my bottom channel... I was unimpressed by this, if only I had know about Nanna Knickers back then.



So yeah, as you can tell being an adult isn't the worst thing that has ever happened to me. Its all about seeing the silver linings and cheaper insurance (I just got a car, its something that I need to consider these days)

Love and Laugh Lines

Miss K